Monday 6 July 2015

A New Beginning...

“I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end. (Jo March)”
Louisa May Alcott, Little Women    

The above quote describes my dieting history in a nutshell. For as long as I can remember I have been "on a diet" and on every diet may I add, you name it and I have probably dabbled in that diet for a while and then moved on to something different. However this is all about to change. As of tomorrow I begin the Cambridge Weight Plan (CWP), which I intend to be the last diet I ever begin. My penultimate diet has been Slimming World which for me was not disciplined enough and didn't produce decent enough results for me to keep incentivising my dieting behaviour. My two years on Slimming World have been a rollercoaster ride (I hate rollercoatsers with a passion btw!), my lowest weight being 10st 9lb and my highest being 12st 2lb. My total weight loss to date has been a very shameful 1lb - yes you've got it, two years later and I am practically one portion of sweet and sour chicken balls with egg fried rice away from the weight I started Slimming World at. I recently found the photo of myself from two years ago which encouraged me to start Slimming World, taken in the hotel lobby of the exact same hotel I am returning to in approximately 5 weeks for my summer holiday with my friends and family. This photo of myself made me vow that the next time I went on holiday I would have reached my goal weight, but 2 years later I haven't made any progress whatsoever. So there you go, these events are what have led me here today, as my lovely new consultant told me today "you can't change the past, but you can change how your future will turn out and become who you want to be" - and I intend to take full control of  my future from this point onwards. I am sure this journey will not be plain sailing but I intend to document every step of the way in order to stay focused and fully committed. Looking at all the success stories of people following CWP have spurred me onto succeed. I only have 3st 1lb (or 43lbs) to reach my goal weight of 9st, so if there are ladies and gentleman out there who can lose incredible amount of weight like 8st on this diet then I know that I can too if I set my mind to it! I hope you enjoy reading about my journey from this point onwards. I intend to fill this blog full of recipes, photos, daily updates, weekly weigh ins and stories about my experiences both past and present with dieting. Whether you are new/following the CWP and need some support, want to gain some knowledge of the diet and its process before starting or have just stumbled aimlessly upon my ramblings - I hope enjoy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment