Monday 6 July 2015

The Day Before the Rest of My Life * (Weekly Weigh in)

* drama queen I know but I am only looking to change my weight and not my personality ;) ...

Today I went to meet my lovely new consultant with my mum who is going on the CWP with me and is equally as optimistic. After an inspiring introduction from our consultant who told us about how CWP changed her life as well as a chat about why we wanted to start the CWP and our goals we got down to the weigh in and measuring process. One thing I like so far about the plan is that the consultant strives to make your progress clear to you, not only in terms the number on the scale, but the measurements and photographs of ourselves which the consultant took. These three physical factors as well as the change in our outlook on our lives/confidence/health etc. will all count towards the progress we make on our journeys towards us becoming healthier and happier human beings. We then discussed how the plan worked. As both my mum and I do not have a BMI of 25 plus one stone, we will begin our diet on Step 2 instead of Soul Source (Step 1). This stage consists of approximately 810kcals per day and includes:
 
  • Three Cambridge Weight Plan products each day.
  • One portion of protein-rich food plus an 80g portion of vegetables per day.
  • 425ml (3/4 pint) of skimmed milk (can be added to tea and coffee).
  • 2.25 litres/4 pints of fluids over the course of the day.

  • Any more info you may need on this step can be found here ---> http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/whats-the-plan/steps-to-success

    Then came the part I was looking forwarded to the most... choosing my food for the week! I am sick to death of takeaways and stodgy ready meals - so for me this part was less daunting and more satisfying. The concept of having nearly all my meals practically ready prepared is something I will never stop smiling about (neither will mum), as late nights and sheer laziness have been kryptonite to my diets in the past! Below are the products my mum and I both chose for our first week (Step 2 = 3 CWP products each per day = 27 CWP products each per week):

    Moi:
    x3 Pasta (Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour)
    x3 Risotto (Mushroom Flavour)
    x2 Oriental Chilli Flavoured Soup
    x2 Chicken and Mushroom Flavoured Soup
    x1 Vegetable Flavoured Soup
    x2 Shake (Vanilla Flavour)
    x2 Shake (Chocolate Mint Flavour)
    x2 Shake (Toffee and Walnut Flavour)
    x2 Porridge (Maple and Pecan Flavour)
    x2 Porridge (Apple and Cinnamon Flavour)

    Mother
    x3 Pasta (Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour)
    x3 Risotto (Mushroom Flavour)
    x1 Oriental Chilli Flavoured Soup
    x2 Shake (Vanilla Flavour)
    x2 Shake (Chocolate Mint Flavour)
    x1 Shake (Toffee and Walnut Flavour)
    x1 Shake (Chocolate Flavour)
    x2 Shake (Cappuccino Flavour)
    x3 Porridge (Maple and Pecan Flavour)
    x2 Porridge (Original Flavour)
    x1 Vanilla Flavour Rice Pudding

    (side note: we haven't tried any of these yet but I have partaken in extensive research on other blogs and CWP's forum to find what products are the most popular. Also our consultant persisted that if we didn't like a product yet had bought multiple packs we could just call her and swap them for something we did like!)

    I have also included the stats from our weigh in below. I only have a waist measurement for both of us at the moment but hopefully I will get the rest of the measurements (e.g. arms, bust) from my consultant next week and put them with next weeks weigh in. Thankfully there were no nasty surprises as I know different scales can provided you with a very different weights... mum was upset that she was only 5ft 3.5 however after thinking she was more like 5ft 5 for the past goodness knows how long but I'm sure she'll get over it ;)

    Moi
    Age: 18
    BMI: 27.5
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Weight (starting weight): 12st 1lb
    Waist (in/cm): 30 in


    Mother
    Age: 52
    BMI: 27.5
    Height: 5ft 3in
    Weight (starting weight): 11st 0.8lb
    Waist (in/cm): 31.5 in

    I will continue to document our food choices and weight loss weekly (in terms of lbs lost) and our measurements monthly (in terms of inches lost). Adios and fingers crossed for tomorrow!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment