Tuesday 7 July 2015

Mantras and Mind Over Matter

My first day on CWP has definitely been an education. It has unveiled a side of me I never knew I had... a side with actual will-power! Funnily enough I have always been a very determined person and given everything I do 110%. I am fiercely competitive at everything - sports, school, games (yes, I have been known to flip a monopoly board when someone else purchases Mayfair...but we'll let that one slide!). The only thing I give up instantly is a diet...it makes no sense??

But today I have succeeded and have stuck to plan. It may only be one day but it's a step in the right direction! I have wobbled at points I will admit (like when having to walk past the 'cakes and bread' aisle in Sainsbury's for the green tea section in the aisle next-door) but on a whole my first day on CWP Step 2 has been eye-opening and not as bad as I anticipated! If everyday could be like this then I am sure I will be 3 stone down in no time!

Below I have left info on my meals (and my mum's) for the day as well as picture of one of my products. Day 2...bring it on!

Moi
Breakfast - Porridge (Apple and Cinnamon Flavour)
Lunch - Pasta (Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour)
Dinner - 245g Turkey Breast & 80g Mushrooms
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Shake (Chocolate Mint Flavour)
Drinks - 1.75 litres water, 750ml sugar-free squash, 2 cups of coffee with sweetener, 1 cup of tea with sweetener and one cup of Tetley Super Green Tea Boost Berry Burst.

Comments: I really liked all the products I ate today! The porridge was fairly nice and had a consistency similar to 'Ready Brek' rather than traditional porridge oats, it was a little too thick and sticky when it came out the microwave so I added a little extra water and then it was fine. The spaghetti bolognese was lovely, I am sure it will be a firm favourite of mine from now on. My dinner was obviously a much smaller portion than what I am used to but it was enough to fill me up! The portion of turkey was surprisingly large. The chocolate mint shake was nice, it felt like a treat!























Mother
Breakfast - Shake (Cappuccino Flavour)
Lunch - Pasta (Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour)
Dinner - 245g Turkey Breast & 80g Mushrooms
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Shake (Chocolate Mint Flavour)
Drinks - 1.25 litres water, 750ml sugar-free squash, 3 cups of coffee with sweetener and 3 cups of tea

Comments: I enjoyed all the products I had today, they were all really tasty and I have been happy with them. Any hunger pains I had today were solved with a cup of tea or coffee (with a couple of sweeteners). The cappuccino shake was bit sweet but that could be due to the fact I had a senior moment and made it up with milk instead of water..whoops! The spaghetti bolognese was tasty and quick to prepare in my lunch break. The dinner was great, I enjoyed having something 'proper' to eat. Even though it wasn't a lot I found it very satisfying! The chocolate mint shake was lovely, very delicious!



Image result for first day of a diet

No comments:

Post a Comment