Wednesday 8 July 2015

Into the Swing

Another day, but the same diet! Day 2 on CWP has been as easy as the first. I had a bit of a lie in this morning so by the time I was ready for my breakfast it was more like early lunch time. This meant I was able to stretch out having my lunch time product until 2:30 which meant I didn't sit down for dinner until 7pm, still knowing I had one more product to spare as a evening treat. I had no idea I would be able to take to this diet like a duck to water. I think it definitely does help to stretch out meals until your really really hungry instead of ripping off the top of a packet as soon as you start to feel a little bit empty inside. I have found drinking water or having a nice cuppa really help to keep hunger pains at bay. If you decide to take this advice...yes you will pee for England but it is important to drink 2.25 litres/4 pints of fluids over the course of the day. The diet states you can include tea and coffee, herbal teas, fruit teas, Cambridge Weight Plan Water flavourings and occasional low-calorie/diet drinks, flavoured waters or squashes). My consultant however wants mum and I to drink 3L per day, with 2L being plain water and 1L being water flavoured with either sugar free squash or Cambridge Weight Plan Water flavourings. Also we are to eliminate carbonated drinks of all kinds. I know a lot of people on CWP use soft drinks like Diet Coke to help sustain them but such drinks do not have the same properties as water for your body. Personally I am not a big fan of water but I have pushed myself to drink at least the 2.25L CWP recommends, but with the weather getting warmer here in the UK I am sure some days I will be downing water like shots! Below I have I included a snippet from the CWP about the importance of water, any other queries you may have regarding the diet can typically be found on the FAQ page which I will link here ----> http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/faqs/general


"There are several reasons. A good rule of thumb for good health is to drink 2-3 litres of fluid a day whether trying to lose weight or not. If the Cambridge Weight Plan is used as the sole source of nutrition, this is the minimum for good health. The reasons for this include:
A Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) like Cambridge produces a natural water loss and this must be replaced.
Food is largely composed of water, just like our bodies. On the Sole Source Step, it is necessary to compensate for the fluid that would otherwise have been taken in through food. It is important to keep the body’s fluid levels topped up to prevent the unpleasant symptoms of dehydration – headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability and constipation.
Cambridge Weight Plan offers balanced nutrition but in a very concentrated form, therefore if you are using Cambridge ready -made shakes or bars, we recommend that you drink 250ml of water with each product.
Extra fluid enables the body to get rid of the waste products associated with the breakdown of fats resulting from weight loss."


Below I have left info on my meals (and my mum's) for the day as well as picture of one of my products! Day 3...bring it on!


Moi
Breakfast -  Shake (Toffee and Walnut Flavour)
Lunch - Risotto (Mushroom Flavour)
Dinner - 2 Large Eggs & 80g Mushrooms (made into an omelette)
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Oriental Chilli Flavoured Soup
Drinks - 1.5 litres water, 500ml sugar-free squash, 1L CWP Water Flavouring (Summer Berry), 3 cups of coffee with sweetener and 1 cup of tea with sweetener.

Comments: I think the highlight of my day was my 'Toffee and Walnut' shake for breakfast, I will definitely pick up more of that flavour next week. I wasn't a big fan of the risotto! It was too rich and powdery for me so I plan to swap my remaining 2 packets for Spaghetti Bolognese tomorrow. The water flavouring was a new addition to my diet today and I really liked the Summer Berry flavour, it was very refreshing and a little of this powdered flavouring goes a very long way (1tsp per litre of water). My dinner was tasty but I think I will chose meat as my 'protein rich food' in the future as I didn't find the eggs to be as filling, I polished my omelette off in under 5 minutes! The Oriental Chilli soup was nice, but I think I would rather have a shake in the evenings.
















Mother
Breakfast - Porridge (Maple and Pecan Flavour)
Lunch - Risotto (Mushroom Flavour)
Dinner - 2 Large Eggs & 80g Mushrooms (made into an omelette)
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Shake (Toffee and Walnut Flavour)
Drinks - 1 litre water, 250ml sugar-free squash, 1L CWP Water Flavouring (Sunshine Orange), 3 cups of coffee with sweetener and 1 cups of tea

Comments: I enjoyed my porridge, I had to add more water than recommended because it was a little too thick but it kept me full till lunch. I really didn't like the risotto...it was awful so the remaining packets will be swapped tomorrow! After my lunch I was really looking forward to my omelette.. and it didn't disappoint! The water flavouring was lovely also. The shake in the evening was lovely, it didn't taste like a weight loss product at all! Definitely my favourite shake so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment