Friday 10 July 2015

Whoa, we're half way there...

Sorry for the one day absence! I wish I had a better excuse than simply "I forgot to blog today!" but you know...baby steps, lets  just work on losing the weight first ;) I can't believe I am on day 4 and over half way into my first week on CWP, doesn't time fly! A few weeks ago I would have bet £50 that I would have caved in by now...but nope! 4 days stone cold sober (whoo hoo). I don't think I have ever been more excited to get on a set of weighing scales into my entire life, but I am really looking forward to seeing the fruits of my labour on Monday at 2pm.

The last few days have taught me so much (one thing being that I really don't like any of the CWP soups, they taste like dirty dishwater!). However, the main thing I have learnt is that I can actually stick to a diet and I am able lose weight. For so long I felt as though I was stuck at the bottom of a big black hole...actually here's a better metaphor, I felt like I was trapped in the bottom of a flipping Pringles Can! The wall were high, narrow and slippery which made it hard for me to get out. Trying to escape the Pringles Can and make it out on the other side was tricky and often the fight got too much so I would just sit at the bottom of the Pringles Can in the darkness and eat the broken crisp that lay at the bottom feeling sorry for myself. But, I think I have come the realisation that with a little bit of determination and will-power I can scale the walls of that Pringles Can. No one forces food into my mouth or hands the money to the cashier in the supermarket/corner-shop to buy the bar of chocolate, I got my way into this mess and I will be the one to get myself out.

Below I have left info on my meals (and my mum's) for the last 2 days. Day 5...bring it on!

Moi

Day 3
Breakfast - Porridge (Maple and Pecan Flavour)
Lunch - Pasta (Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour)
Dinner - 245g Chicken Breast & 80g Mushrooms
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Chicken and Mushroom Flavoured Soup
Drinks - 1.5 litres water, 500ml sugar-free squash, 1L CWP Water Flavouring (Summer Berry), 3 cups of coffee with sweetener and 1 cup of tea with sweetener.

Day 4
Breakfast - Shake (Vanilla Flavour)
Lunch - Pasta (Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour)
Dinner - 245g of Turkey Breast, 40g Mushrooms & 40g Broccoli
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Shake (Cappuccino Flavour)
Drinks - 1.5 litres water, 500ml sugar-free squash, 1L CWP Water Flavouring (Sunshine Orange), 3 cups of coffee with sweetener and 1 cup of tea with sweetener.

Comments: You may notice that some of the products either mum or I have this week aren't on our original CWP products choice list for the week (see here)  ----> http://achievingmyaimswithcambs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/the-day-before-rest-of-my-life-weekly.html - this is because mum and I have been swapping products between us (which takes me back to my primary school lunch box swap days!) and we have popped back to see our consultant a couple of times who kindly lets us exchange any products we don't like! Speaking of which... I really can't stomach any more of the CWP soups so the remaining are going to be swapped come Monday, like the Mushroom Risotto was! My meals this week have remained fairly boring! I am planning on trying more shake flavours next week as I really enjoy those (especially in the evenings). Since I am just getting into the swing of things my evening  meals have been simple but filling. My highlights of the last 2 days have been the Maple and Pecan Porridge, Cappuccino Shake and Summer Berry CWP Water Flavouring (I definitely prefer the Summer Berry to the Sunshine Orange, mum does too!)

Mother

Day 3
Breakfast - Porridge (Original)
Lunch - Pasta (Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour)
Dinner - 245g Chicken Breast & 80g Mushrooms
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Shake (Banana Flavour)
Drinks - 1.5 litres water, 500ml sugar-free squash, 1L CWP Water Flavouring (Summer Berry), 3 cups of coffee with sweetener and 1 cup of tea with sweetener.

Day 4
Breakfast - Porridge (Maple and Pecan Flavour)
Lunch - Shake (Vanilla Flavour)
Dinner - 245g of Turkey Breast, 40g Mushrooms & 40g Broccoli
Evening Snack (drank at 9pm) - Shake (Chocolate Flavour)
Drinks - 1.5 litres water, 500ml sugar-free squash, 1L CWP Water Flavouring (Sunshine Orange), 3 cups of coffee with sweetener and 1 cup of tea with sweetener.
 
Comments: I found Day 4 to be my hardest day yet. With it being 26 degrees outside and having to be constantly on my feet and on the move at work all day, surviving on just a shake at lunch time was a struggle. However I chose to focus on the positive and keep my mind on my final goal of losing weight and looking good...so even though I struggled, I did it! I definitely prefer the flavoured porridges to the Original, so I don't think I will be picking any Originals again next week. Loving the shakes so far, the banana one was particularly lush! So far...so good :)

Image result for weight loss motivation

1 comment:

  1. Keep going and you should have a fab loss. I don't like the soups much either, I can tolerant them when I fancy something savoury but now there is fhe bolognaise that is much better for a savoury fix, I look forward to seeing how much you loose on Monday. Keep up the good work #weighloseorstay

    ReplyDelete